At Richmond Dermatology, we exhibit a deep commitment to provide exceptional care to our patients. We invest in our talent (the employees) to ensure this commitment is on display every day. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing and thriving Dermatology practice.
We need a energetic and compassionate Medical Assistants to manage patient flow, assist with patient care, demonstrate superior customer service and tackle all tasks with utmost professionalism.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepares patients for physician’s visits by assisting them to exam rooms and updating their medical history in the EMR.
- Prepares, cleans and stocks examination rooms.
- Handles all aspects of surgical assisting.
- Obtains pre-authorizations and referrals as needed for medications, treatments and procedures.
- Adheres to procedures for processing and tracking pathological specimens and other diagnostic testing.
- Follows OSHA guidelines and office protocol for instrument handling, cleaning, packaging, sterilizing and maintenance of autoclave.
- Addresses all phone messages in a timely manner following proper procedures in processing them.
- Adheres to all Richmond Dermatology policies and procedures.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to effective customer service, the practice’s mission and values and conducts her/himself in a professional manner.
- Enjoys coming to work every day.
- Minimum 1 year working in a medical setting, physician practice preferred.
- Experience working with EMR and MS office.
- Experience with Medical terminology such as health histories, procedure and diagnosis codes, HPI, etc.
- Working Knowledge of OSHA standards for laboratories and a medical practice.
***COVID VACCINATION REQUIRED
- 100% paid Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Employee Discount